- This event has passed.
Friday Night Social Before the March
September 7 at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Celebrate our wins and efforts at the Oakland Museum of California with other 350 Bay Area volunteers, supporters and members! We have reserved the museum cafe, Blue Oak Cafe, for our social from 6 – 9pm; people can come early and stay later as well.
About the Event
- 350.org founder, famous author, and esteemed environmentalist, Bill McKibben, will be sharing a few words along with the current 350.org Executive Director profiled by Time Magazine as a “Next Generation Leader”, May Boeve.
- Patrick Reinsborough, 350.org US Organizing Manager, will be our MC.
- There will be music, food, art, and fun. Vannessa Warheit and Jack Fleck will also be leading songs that will be sung at the march on Sept. 8th.
FREE but MUST RSVP below (space is limited).
About Friday Nights @ OMCA:
- Off the Grid food trucks, beer and wine
- After-hours gallery access and discounted Museum admission.
- Marketplace @ OMCA: local makers selling handcrafted works and art.
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons.
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm.
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. More information is available on our Directions page.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.